Have you heard? We have some very exciting news to share. You read that title right: Essential Tech has officially moved office. Now located in Salisbury, our new premises are definitely worth a visit and provide us with ample room for some exciting projects we’ve got hidden up our sleeves. But, as anyone who has ever had to move house – let alone office – can attest, moving is no easy task. So, to help make the process easier, Essential Tech has created a checklist to guide you through the process in seven easy steps.
1. Confirm with your service provider whether your potential new office has a good internet connection before signing the lease. It might sound like a no-brainer, but a good internet connection isn’t as easy to come by as you might think. Avoid being stuck with a sub-par connection or expensive internet costs by checking with your service provider first.
2. Organise a walkthrough with your provider to check the data-cabling infrastructure. Putting in cables from scratch can be an expensive and time-consuming process, so it’s best to opt for an office that already has this existing infrastructure.
3. Get the internet order for your new location in as early as you can. Getting the internet set up in your new place can take anywhere between two to four weeks, so you’ll want to get in early to avoid being without internet after you move.
4. Confirm whether your current phone system is compatible with your new premises. Older technology can clash with new systems and locations, so it’s best to double check whether your current phone system is up to the task. Not sure whether your current phone system is suitable for your new premises? Get in contact with the team at Essential Tech to find out how to upgrade your service.
5. To avoid liability, get your print company to relocate your printer for you. If you decide to move the office printer yourself, any damage to the machine may not be covered under warranty.
6. Schedule your relocation once everything is ready to go.
7. Book in your selected removalists and let your IT provider know when they can come on-site to connect everything for you.
The end result? A new space to call your own with minimum hassle involved in getting everything set up. Here’s the evidence from our recent move:
To see our new office for yourself, don’t be afraid to come say hello!